Sania Mirza- Yaroslava Shvedova Crash Out of Nurnberg WTA event
The top seeded pair of Sania Mizra and Yaroslava Shvedova crashed out of the Nurnberg WTA event following a shock first round defeat against Chia-Jung Chuang and Misaki Doi, here on Tuesday.
. (Getty Images)
Nurnberg: The top seeded pair of Sania Mizra and Yaroslava Shvedova crashed out of the Nurnberg WTA event following a shock first round defeat against Chia-Jung Chuang and Misaki Doi, here on Tuesday.
Sania, ranked eighth in the world in doubles, and Shvedova lost 5-7 2-6 to the unheralded Taipei-Japanese pair in just one hour and 19 minutes in the opening round of the USD 250,000 clay court event.
It is last tournament in lead up to the French Open, the second Grand Slam of the year.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Jay Bhanushali Welcomes Baby Girl With Wife Mahhi Vij, Shares Her First Glimpse With Fans
- 'TB Survivor' Amitabh Bachchan: 75 Percent of My Liver is Gone, Still Surviving on 25 Percent
- Maruti Suzuki XL6 to Launch Today, Watch it Live Here [Video]
- Nine Nurses Who Went Viral for Being Pregnant at the Same Time Have Now Given Birth
- Ashes 2019: Steve Waugh Wowed by Deceptive Archer's 'X-factor'