Sarita, Sonia Enter Finals of National Boxing Championships
Former world and Asian champion L Sarita Devi (60kg) and world silver-medallist Sonia Lather (57kg) advanced to the finals of the National Women's Boxing Championships here on Thursday.
Representative Image:(Photo Credit: Getty Images)
Rohtak: Former world and Asian champion L Sarita Devi (60kg) and world silver-medallist Sonia Lather (57kg) advanced to the finals of the National Women's Boxing Championships here on Thursday.
Sarita defeated Haryana's Monika 5-0 to set up a clash with Railways Sports Promotion Board's Pavitra. Pavitra got the better of Uttarakhand's Priyanka Choudhary 5-0. Sonia, on the other hand, defeated All India Police's Sandhya Rani 5-0. She will be up against reigning youth world champion Shashi Chopra, who edged past Andhra Pradesh's Sonia.
Former world silver-medallist Sarjubala Devi (48kg) also entered the finals, beating RSPB's Meenakshi.
However, it was curtains for former junior world champion Nikhat Zareen (48kg), who lost to Haryana-girl Ritu in a split verdict.
Results (Semi Finals):
Light Fly (45 - 48 KG) : Monika (Har) bt K. Bina Devi (Man) 5:0; Rajesh Narwal (RSPB) bt Varsha Choudhery (UP) 5:0; Fly (48 -51 KG) : Sh Sarju Bala (Man) bt Meenakshi (RSPB) 4:1; Ritu (Har) bt Nikhat Zareen (Tel) 4:1; Bantam (51 - 54 KG) : Manisha (Har) bt Shavinder Kaur Sindhu (Pun) 3:2; Meena Kumari (AIP) bt Jamuna Boro (Asm) 5:0
Feather (54 - 57 KG) : Sonia Lather (RSPB) bt Sandhya Rani (AIP) 5:0; Shashi Chopra (Har) bt Sonia (AP) 3:2; Light (57 - 60 KG) : L Sarita Devi (AIP) bt Monika (Har) 5:0; Pavitra (RSPB) bt Priyanka Choudhary (Utk) 5:0
Light Welter (60 - 64 KG) : Pwilao Basumatary (RSPB) bt Poonam (AIP) 5:0.
Recommended For You
- RBI Committee Recommendations For KYC on Google Duo or Apple FaceTime Could See Larger Implementation
- In Avengers Endgame, the Soul World Scene Could Have Been a Better Closure for Iron Man
- New Age Social Media Apps, and a Shocking Problem of Borderline Sexual Content
- Fossil Sport Review: Almost the Best Wear OS Smartwatch, But Not the Best Wearable Out There
- 'I am Fine, Recovering & Should Be Back to My Hotel Room Soon' - Brian Lara
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s