Selection of Sportspersons for International Competitions Clean, Transparent: Kiren Rijiju
Sports Minister Kiren Rijiju said they have told the federations that the government will take action if there is any discrepancy in selection.
File photo of Kiren Rijiju. (Photo Credit: AFP)
New Delhi: The selection process of sports persons for international competitions is clean and transparent and there is no scope for discrepancy, Union Sports Minister Kiren Rijiju said in Lok Sabha on Thursday.
Rijiju also said the government bears the cost of training, travel and other expenses of sports persons who are trained to take part in different competitions.
"The selection process is very clean, transparent and fair. We have told the sports federations that if there is any discrepancy, the government will take action," he said during Question Hour.
The sports minister said the government has a very comprehensive plan under which sports persons are being provided all kids of assistance through ports federations.
"All sports federations, including the Indian Olympic Association, are happy with the government," he said.
Rijiju also said the government keeps helping former players too.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Salman Khan to Quit Bigg Boss 13 Owing to Health Conditions, Farah Khan May Take Over
- Google 2019 Trends: Kabir Singh to Avengers Endgame, Top 10 Movies of the Year
- Google Top Trends 2019: Cricket World Cup Most Searched News Event in India
- ISL 2019-20: NorthEast United FC vs Chennaiyin FC Pre-match Conference Cancelled Due to CAB Protests
- India vs West Indies | Virat Kohli Screamer Lights Up Gloomy Day for Fielders