Serena Williams Fined 10,000 Dollars for Damaging Wimbledon Court
Serena Williams has been fined for a damage that she caused prior to the start of Wimbledon 2019.
Serena Williams is looking to win her 24th Grand Slam title at Wimbledon 2019. (Photo Credit: Reuters)
Serena Williams was fined $10,000 by the All England Club for damaging one of Wimbledon's courts with her racket prior to the start of the tournament, media reported.
Williams, who faces fellow American Alison Riske in the quarter-finals on Tuesday as she looks to win her 24th Grand Slam title, has yet to comment on the fine.
Fabio Fognini was also fined $3,000 for unsportsmanlike conduct after a rant during his third round defeat to Tennys Sandgren.
The Italian had said he hoped a "bomb" would explode at the All England Club.
Nick Kyrgios was fined $8,000 in total from separate unsportsmanlike incidents in his first and second rounds.
The fiery Australian lost to Rafa Nadal in the second round.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Bigg Boss 13: Devoleena Bhattacharjee Slaps Shehnaaz Gill During A Task
- BCCI Chief Sourav Ganguly Wore His Team Blazer From 19 Years Ago, Fans Go Gaga Over 'Dada Swag'
- Apple Watch Saves Another Life; This Time a Man Who Fell Off a Cliff And Broke His Back
- Reliance Jio All-In-One Rs 222 Plan Vs. Airtel Rs 249 And Vodafone Rs 229 Recharge
- India vs South Africa | Happy to Make Teams Dance to Our Tunes: Shami