Shiva Thapa, Pooja Rani Bag Gold as Ashish Settles for Silver at Boxing Olympic Test Event
Shiva Thapa and Pooja Rani won gold medals in the 63kg and 75kg categories, while Ashish had to settle for silver at the Olympic Test Event for Boxing.
Pooja Rani, Shiva Thapa and Ashish (Photo Credit: BFI)
Tokyo: India pugilists Shiva Thapa (63kg) and Pooja Rani (75kg) bagged gold at the Olympic Test Event for Boxing while Ashish (69kg) settled for silver as India ended their campaign on a great note.
Four-time Asian medallist Thapa outclassed Kazakhstan's national champion and Asian bronze winner Sanatali Toltayev 5-0 to claim gold.
Former Asian Games bronze medallist Rani also ensured another gold for India as she defeated Australia's Caitlin Parker.
However, Ashish (69kg), went down to Japan's Sewon Okazawa in the final to end his campaign with a silver medal.
Earlier on Wednesday, former junior world champion Nikhat Zareen (51kg), Simranjeet Kaur (60kg), Sumit Sangwan (91kg) and Vahlimpuia (75kg) lost their semi-final bouts to end with bronze.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Tata Sky Offers Free Amazon Fire TV Stick With HD STBs: Everything You Need to Know
- Mubi Wants You to Watch Critically Acclaimed Cinema at Rs 199 For Three Months
- WhatsApp Beta Tests Letting You Sign in on Multiple Devices; No Dark Mode Updates Yet
- Maneka Gandhi Sends Help Within an Hour After Journalist Tweets Photo of Injured Monkey
- Not Thinking About Revenge against Oman in FIFA 2022 World Cup Qualifiers: Sunil Chhetri