Sindhu Advances, Saina Loses At Asian Badminton Championships
It turned out to be a mixed bag of a day for Indian badminton at the Badminton Asia Championships with PV Sindhu making her way into the second round with an easy win, while Saina Nehwal lost her opening match.
Photo Credit: Getty Images
Wuhan: It turned out to be a mixed bag of a day for Indian badminton at the Badminton Asia Championships with PV Sindhu making her way into the second round with an easy win, while Saina Nehwal lost her opening match.
Rio Games silver medallist PV Sindhu stormed into the second round at the with a straight-game victory over Indonesia's Dinar Dyah Ayustine.
Saina Nehwal, who is yet to hit top gear since returning from her knee injury, suffered defeat at he hands of the seasoned Japanese player Sayaka Sato.
Saina has over the years held an advantage over the Japanese opponent, going into the match with a 6-1 head-to-head lead.
But the Japanese player was in no mood to let that affect her game as she won a hard fought match in three games.
The mixed doubles pair of Pranaav Jerry Chopra and N Sikki Reddy put up a brave fight before losing 15-21, 21-14, 16-21 against Chinese top seeds Zheng Siwei and Chen Qingchen in the opening round.
Catch the Biggest Newsmakers and the Biggest Newsbreaks on CNN-News18, your favourite English TV news channel. Keep watching CNN-News18 at just 50 Paise per Month. Contact your cable /DTH operator Now!
*Rental / capacity fee of Rs.130/- as charged by cable / DTH operator may apply. **GST extra.
Recommended For You
- US Woman Marries Zombie Child Doll in Intimate Ceremony, Says They Want to Have Kids Now
- Alia Bhatt on Ex-Beau Sidharth Malhotra: I Have a Lot of Love and Respect for Him
- Avengers Endgame: Ghajini Director A.R. Murugadoss Enters Marvel Cinematic Universe
- Shortlisted 18 Players for World Cup and Their Workload Will be Monitored in IPL: Prasad
- Shell Be Loved: Tortoise Couple Breaks Up After Century Together, and We're Not Over It
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s