Skipper Rani Stars as India Thump Belarus in Third Hockey Test
India's women's hockey team beat Belarus 3-1 to clinch their third successive win in the five-Test Series here on Sunday.
File image of Indian women's Hockey team captain Rani (R). (Getty Images)
Bhopal: India's women's hockey team beat Belarus 3-1 to clinch their third successive win in the five-Test Series here on Sunday.
The warm-up tournament ahead of their Hockey World League Round 2 tournament in Canada in April.
After a goalless first quarter, it was Belarus who took the lead when their skipper Ryta Batura scored in the 24th minute through a penalty corner.
But the visitors failed to hold on to the lead as India skipper Rani scored two back-to-back field goals in the 35th and 39th minute to put India in command with a 2-1 lead.
Deepika scored India's third goal in the 42nd minute to take a 3-1 lead while the defenders did well to keep the visitors from scoring in the final quarter to ensure a win.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Airtel V-Fiber Broadband: 1Gbps Speed, 1000GB Free Data And Plans From Rs 799
- Mark The Calendar, Here is When Your iPhone, Watch, iPad and MacBook Get Updated
- 5-Years-Old Recreates 'Up' Moment With Great Grandparents for Birthday Photoshoot
- Your Data, Location Might be Tracked with This SIM Card Flaw, Without Your Knowledge
- Delhi Airport Facial Recognition Trial Calls for Establishment of Cybersecurity Laws