Struggling Middlesbrough Sack Manager Aitor Karanka
Aitor Karanka has been sacked as Middlesbrough manager, the Premier League strugglers announced on Thursday.
Aitor Karanka. (Getty Images)
London: Aitor Karanka has been sacked as Middlesbrough manager, the Premier League strugglers announced on Thursday.
Karanka paid the price for Middlesbrough's slump into the relegation zone after a miserable run of 10 league games without a win.
"Both parties have agreed that it is in the best interests of the club to make this change," a statement on Middlesbrough's website read.
"The club would like to thank Aitor for all his hard work over the past three and a half years and for the success we've had during that time. We wish him all the best for the future."
Karanka's assistant Steve Agnew steps up to take control of first-team affairs with immediate effect.
Recommended For You
- Stan Lee’s Creations were Humans First and Superheroes Later
- ATK’s Komal Thatal Called Up For Indian Team Camp Ahead of Jordan Friendly
- Radhika Apte Chilling by the Pool Will Give You Major #VacationGoals
- Aamir Khan’s Son and Abhishek Bachchan’s Daughter Play Ram-Sita in School Drama
- Crazy in Love? The Japanese Man 'Married' to a Hologram