Struggling Middlesbrough Sack Manager Aitor Karanka
Aitor Karanka has been sacked as Middlesbrough manager, the Premier League strugglers announced on Thursday.
Aitor Karanka. (Getty Images)
London: Aitor Karanka has been sacked as Middlesbrough manager, the Premier League strugglers announced on Thursday.
Karanka paid the price for Middlesbrough's slump into the relegation zone after a miserable run of 10 league games without a win.
"Both parties have agreed that it is in the best interests of the club to make this change," a statement on Middlesbrough's website read.
"The club would like to thank Aitor for all his hard work over the past three and a half years and for the success we've had during that time. We wish him all the best for the future."
Karanka's assistant Steve Agnew steps up to take control of first-team affairs with immediate effect.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Kapil Sharma Asks Fan to 'Fact Check' After Being Called Out for Disrespecting Women
- Nick Jonas Signalling I Love You to Priyanka Chopra is the Gold Standard for Romance
- HS Prannoy Trumps Lin Dan to Enter Round 3 of World Badminton Championships
- Nine Nurses Who Went Viral for Being Pregnant at the Same Time Have Now Given Birth
- Ashes 2019: Steve Waugh Wowed by Deceptive Archer's 'X-factor'