Struggling Middlesbrough Sack Manager Aitor Karanka
Aitor Karanka has been sacked as Middlesbrough manager, the Premier League strugglers announced on Thursday.
Aitor Karanka. (Getty Images)
London: Aitor Karanka has been sacked as Middlesbrough manager, the Premier League strugglers announced on Thursday.
Karanka paid the price for Middlesbrough's slump into the relegation zone after a miserable run of 10 league games without a win.
"Both parties have agreed that it is in the best interests of the club to make this change," a statement on Middlesbrough's website read.
"The club would like to thank Aitor for all his hard work over the past three and a half years and for the success we've had during that time. We wish him all the best for the future."
Karanka's assistant Steve Agnew steps up to take control of first-team affairs with immediate effect.
Catch the biggest newsmakers and the biggest newsbreaks on CNN-News18, the only news destination. Keep watching CNN-News18 at just 50 paise per month. Contact your cable/DTH operator now!
*Rental/capacity fee of Rs. 130/- as charged by cable/DTH operator may apply. **GST extra.
Recommended For You
- Bhabiji Ghar Par Hain Actress Saumya Tandon Shares First Photo of Her Newborn Son
- Could Facebook be Hit With Record Fine For Privacy Violations Involving Our Information?
- BJP MLA Sadhna Singh Calling Mayawati 'Worse Than Eunuch' Shows Transphobia is Still Alive in 2019
- Flipkart Republic Day Sale 2019: No cost EMI, Exchange Offers, Instant Discount on Phones, TVs, Laptops And More
- AutoSpace - Best of the Week: NGT Slams Volkswagen, New Wagon R Bookings Open and More
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s