Struggling Milan in 'World Cup Final' Against Inter
Struggling AC Milan face city rivals Inter in the Italian Cup quarter-finals on Wednesday with coach Gennaro Gattuso likening the high-voltage clash to "a World Cup final".
Milan: Struggling AC Milan face city rivals Inter in the Italian Cup quarter-finals on Wednesday with coach Gennaro Gattuso likening the high-voltage clash to "a World Cup final".
Milan go into the game in 11th place in Serie A, a massive 21 points behind league leaders Napoli, meaning the Italian Cup and the Europa League, where they have made the last 32, are their only avenues to silverware this season.
“This (Wednesday's games) is like a World Cup final for us," football-italia.net quoted Gattuso as telling Milan TV.
"Nobody expected this many difficulties, but this derby can change our season on both a psychological level and in terms of results.”
Inter are third in Serie A, five points off the lead after suffering back-to-back defeats against Udinese and Sassuolo.
On Tuesday, Lazio made the semi-finals with a 1-0 win over Fiorentina thanks to a goal after just five minutes by Bosnian midfielder Senad Lulic.
Lazio will face either Milan or Inter in a two-legged semi-final in January.
The remaining quarter-finals between Napoli and Atalanta and Juventus at home to city rivals Torino will be played at the start of next month
Recommended For You
- ICC World Cup 2019: Chetan Sharma Compares His World Cup Hat-Trick to Shami’s
- Audio Technica M50xBT Review: If You Are Serious About Music, These Headphones Cannot be Missed
- Vodafone RED Family Plans Priced Rs 598 Onwards Offer Bill Guarantee And One Mobile Bill For an Entire Family
- Xiaomi's Poco F1 64GB Variant Gets Yet Another Price Cut in India; Now Costs Rs 17,999
- Elon Musk Says 'Occupy Mars' But Uses Picture of the Moon Instead
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s