Sumit Nagal Stuns Top Seed Blaz Kavcic, To Face Yuki Bhambri in Semis
India's unseeded Sumit Nagal shocked top seed Blaz Kavcic of Slovenia to book a semifinal clash with compatriot Yuki Bhambri in the Bengaluru Open ATP Challenger event.
File Image of Sumit Nagal. (Getty Images)
Bengaluru: India's unseeded Sumit Nagal shocked top seed Blaz Kavcic of Slovenia to book a semifinal clash with compatriot Yuki Bhambri in the Bengaluru Open ATP Challenger event.
Kavcic was tipped to win the quarterfinal tie but Sumit outplayed him in straight sets 6-3 6-4 at the KSLTA Stadium.
In the semifinals, Sumit will face Yuki who defeated compatriot Prajnesh Gunneswaran 7-5, 6-2 in another quarterfinal match of the USD 100,000 tournament.
Asked about the semifinals, Yuki said, "It does not really matter whom I am playing in the semifinals. I will just focus on my game."
Yuki had beaten Spain's Pedro Martinez 6-2, 7-6 yesterday to enter the quarterfinals.
In another quarterfinal match, Tsung-Hua Yang of Chinese Taipei defeated Frenchman Antoine Escoffier 6-4, 6-4 to set up a semifinal clash with Great Britain's Jay Clarke who beat Croatian Ante Pavic 6-2, 4-6, 7-6.
Recommended For You
- ICC World Cup 2019: Experienced Shakib & Mushfiqur Lead the Way on Tough Southampton Track
- AIFF Responds After I-League Clubs Threaten to Move Court if ISL Gets Top Division Status
- Is Salman Khan Charging Rs 31 Crore per Weekend for Hosting Bigg Boss 13?
- GST Council to Consider Reducing Tax on Electric Vehicles - Anurag Thakur
- Audio Technica M50xBT Review: If You Are Serious About Music, These Headphones Cannot be Missed
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s