Tata Motors Becomes Principal Sponsor of Indian Wrestling
In a first for Indian wrestling, Tata Motors today announced an all-encompassing three-year strategic partnership with the Wrestling Federation of India (WFI) as "Principal Sponsor" to encourage and promote the sport.
Image credit: Getty Images.
Mumbai: In a first for Indian wrestling, Tata Motors today announced an all-encompassing three-year strategic partnership with the Wrestling Federation of India (WFI) as "Principal Sponsor" to encourage and promote the sport.
The deal was announced at a media conference here today in the presence of Olympic medallists Sushil Kumar, Yogeshwar Dutt and Sakshi Malik.
"This is one of the biggest non-cricket associations in the country," said Tata Motors' Commercial Vehicle Business Unit's President, Girish Wagh.
Welcoming the partnership, WFI president Brijbhushan Sharan Singh said that it was the first time that the ancient sport was being propped up in this manner.
"This the first time anyone is supporting wrestling as a body. Our relationship will last more than three years, I promise," he said.
Also present at the function were three other Asian Games-bound wrestlers, Bajrang Punia, Sandeeo Tomar and Pooja Dhanda, along with London Olympian Geeta Phogat and Satyawart Kadian.
As part of the partnership, Tata Motors will support top performing 50 men and women wrestlers across categories in both domestic and international circuit.
Recommended For You
- Maruti Suzuki Swift Launched With BS-VI Spec Petrol Engine at Rs 5.14 Lakh
- Benoit Paire, Jo-Wilfried Tsonga Showcase Football Skills During Match Rally at Halle Open
- Cricket World Cup 2019 | Shoaib Malik & Sania Mirza Hit Back at Twitter Trolling
- Jasleen Matharu Reportedly Files FIR Against Deepak Thakur, Ranveer Singh Goes on a Selfie Spree at ICC World Cup
- Biker Saves Three Girls from Eve-Teasing, Shows Importance of Mounted Cams in India
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s