Ukranian Shevchenko Takes Over as Coach at Churchill Brothers
Goan football club Churchill Brothers have roped in the former Ukrainian defender Mykola Shevchenko as the head coach for the upcoming I-League season, which is set to begin later this month.
File image of Churchill Brothers in action (Image Credits: AIFF)
Margao: Goan football club Churchill Brothers have roped in the former Ukrainian defender Mykola Shevchenko as the head coach for the upcoming I-League season, which is set to begin later this month.
The I-League kicks-off on November 25 with Churchill Brothers likely to take on East Bengal in an away match at Kolkata.
Shevchenko, who played for Churchill Brothers as a defender in 2000, arrived in Goa on November 10 and took over the reins of the team from Monday.
The Ukrainian has also played for Dempo during their unsuccessful campaign in the second division National Football League in 2001.
Alfred Fernandes, who was looking after the team, said: "It's a well-balanced side and will look stronger after the six foreigners -- five Nigerians and one Brazilian -- join the side later this month."
Churchill Brothers last won the I-League in the 2012-13 season.
Recommended For You
- West Indies Legend Brian Lara Hospitalised After Chest Pain in Mumbai
- Dyson Lightcycle Review: Your Table Probably Doesn’t Deserve This Sophisticated Piece of Lighting
- Kabir Singh Box Office Collection Day 4: Shahid Kapoor-Kiara Advani Starrer Earns Rs 88 Crore
- #WATCH: Shah Rukh Khan 'Lip Syncing' His Mohabbatein Song In Chinese
- Google Play Store Quality Problems: Over 2,000 Malware-Laden Counterfeit Apps Served to Android Users
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s