UP Yoddha Edge out Haryana Steelers 30-29 in Pro Kabaddi League
UP Yoddha produced a superb all-round display to eke out a thrilling 30-29 win over Haryana Steelers in an encounter of the Inter Zone Challenge Week at the Pro Kabaddi Season 6 in New Delhi on Thursday.
Image: Pro Kabaddi
New Delhi: UP Yoddha produced a superb all-round display to eke out a thrilling 30-29 win over Haryana Steelers in an encounter of the Inter Zone Challenge Week at the Pro Kabaddi Season 6 in New Delhi on Thursday.
Shrikant Jadhav and Prahsant Rai scored 8 points each to lead Yoddha to victory at the Thyagaraj Sports Complex.
Monu Goyat scored 11 points, while Vikash Khandola contributed with 7 points but it wasn't enough as Haryana Steelers failed to qualify for the playoffs.
Haryana Steelers made a strong start and led for the majority of the first half. But Shrikant got three points for UP Yoddha with a super raid as UP Yoddha trailed 5-7.
A super raid by Vikas helped Haryana to double their lead at 12-6 before they entered the first half with a 15-12 advantage.
Monu kept Haryana ahead at 19-18 with another super raid before Prasanth Kumar Rai equalised at 21-21. Soon UP had a 28-26 lead with just three minutes remaining in the match.
In the end, Naveen failed to win a raid point as UP Yoddha completed a come-from-behind win.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Zombieland Double Tap Movie Review: The Land of Halfdeads Still Produces Good Jokes
- Kasautii Zindagii Kay's 'Komolika' Aamna Sharif Opens up on Replacing Hina Khan
- Jennifer Aniston Finally Reveals What's Cooking Between 'Friends' Couple Rachel and Ross
- Video of Man Dancing With Two Guns Goes Viral, Uttarakhand Police to Investigate Case
- Lebanon Thought Charging For WhatsApp is a Good Idea, But Citizens Vented Their Anger