UP Yoddha Edge out Haryana Steelers 30-29 in Pro Kabaddi League
UP Yoddha produced a superb all-round display to eke out a thrilling 30-29 win over Haryana Steelers in an encounter of the Inter Zone Challenge Week at the Pro Kabaddi Season 6 in New Delhi on Thursday.
Image: Pro Kabaddi
New Delhi: UP Yoddha produced a superb all-round display to eke out a thrilling 30-29 win over Haryana Steelers in an encounter of the Inter Zone Challenge Week at the Pro Kabaddi Season 6 in New Delhi on Thursday.
Shrikant Jadhav and Prahsant Rai scored 8 points each to lead Yoddha to victory at the Thyagaraj Sports Complex.
Monu Goyat scored 11 points, while Vikash Khandola contributed with 7 points but it wasn't enough as Haryana Steelers failed to qualify for the playoffs.
Haryana Steelers made a strong start and led for the majority of the first half. But Shrikant got three points for UP Yoddha with a super raid as UP Yoddha trailed 5-7.
A super raid by Vikas helped Haryana to double their lead at 12-6 before they entered the first half with a 15-12 advantage.
Monu kept Haryana ahead at 19-18 with another super raid before Prasanth Kumar Rai equalised at 21-21. Soon UP had a 28-26 lead with just three minutes remaining in the match.
In the end, Naveen failed to win a raid point as UP Yoddha completed a come-from-behind win.
Recommended For You
- Cricket World Cup 2019 | Shoaib Malik & Sania Mirza Hit Back at Twitter Trolling
- Played Pokémon Growing Up? Your Brain May Have a 'Special Region' For It
- Taylor Swift Flaunts Ring Worth USD 15,000 & Other Blingy Accessories in 'You Need to Calm Down'
- Biker Saves Three Girls from Eve-Teasing, Shows Importance of Mounted Cams in India
- The Apple iPhone 2020 Lineup Expected to Have OLED Displays With 5G Support, Says Ming-Chi Kuo
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s