US Open: Ankita Raina Loses to Denisa Allertova and Crashes Out of Qualifying
Ankita Raina lost to Denisa Allertova in a thrilling three-set clash, to bow out in the second round of qualifying at the US Open.
New York: India's top women's singles player Ankita Raina crashed out of the women's singles US Open qualifying event after a hard-fought three-set loss to Czech Republic's Denisa Allertova.
The world No 194 went down 7-6(5), 4-6, 2-6 to her Czech rival in a match that lasted two hours and 17 minutes, on Wednesday night.
Ankita won the first set in a tie-breaker but failed to keep her momentum as Allertova broke the Indian to take the second set comfortably.
In the decider, Ankita was broken again as she conceded the match.
Sumit Nagal is the only Indian left in the qualifiers. He is scheduled to play Peter Polansky of Canada in the second round of the qualifiers.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- OnePlus 7T, OnePlus 7T Pro Specifications Leak Claims to Reveal All New Features
- A Pakistani Pop-Singer is Facing Legal Action for Threatening PM Modi with Snakes
- Renault Kwid Electric Launched In China at Rs 6.22 Lakh, Gets 271Km Electric Range
- 2020 Women's U-17 FIFA World Cup to be Held in India from November 2-21
- Your Data, Location Might be Tracked with This SIM Card Flaw, Without Your Knowledge