US Open: Bopanna-Shapovalov Beat 4th Seeded Pair in Round 1, Paes-Duran Exit
US Open 2019: Rohan Bopanna and Denis Shapovalov advanced to the second round of men's doubles with a straight sets win over French pair of Pierre-Hugues Herbert and Nicolas Mahut.
File photo of Rohan Bopanna and Denis Shapovalov. (Photo Credit: Rogers Cup)
New York: India experienced a mixed day at the US Open as Rohan Bopanna advanced to the men's doubles second round with Denis Shapovalov but Leander Paes made a first-round exit with Guillermo Duran here.
Bopanna and his Canadian partner knocked out formidable fourth-seeded French pair of Pierre-Hugues Herbert and Nicolas Mahut 6-3, 6-1 in just 55 minutes on Friday night.
Bopanna and Shapovalov lost their serve twice but broke their rivals six times out of seven chances.
Paes and Argentina's Guillermo Duran lost 5-7, 2-6 to Serbia's Miomir Kecmanovic and Norway's Casper Ruud.
Divij Sharan and Monaco's Hugo Nys had also lost their first round to Robert Carballes Baena and Federico Delbonis on Thursday.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Sonakshi Sinha Replies to People Trolling Her For Not Answering KBC Ramayan Question
- Mahesh Babu Pens Down Most Adorable Daughters' Day Note for His 'Lil One Sita Papa'
- Area 51 Raid: Here's How Many People Turned Up, and What Really Happened
- Deepak Punia Books Tokyo Olympics Quota After Entering Semis at World Wrestling Championships
- Sony Bravia A9G OLED Master Series Review: The TV to Buy If You Are Rich Enough