Vivek Chikara Wins Gold at Asian Para Archery Championships
Vivek Chikara won the gold medal in the men's recurve open event at the Asian Para Archery Championships.
Vivek Chikara (Photo Credit: SAI Media/Twitter)
Bangkok: Vivek Chikara on Thursday bagged a gold medal in the men's recurve open event at the Asian Para Archery Championships on Thursday.
Chikara, 29, recorded a 7-1 verdict over China's Sijun Wang to claim the top honours.
"A superb performance from Vivek Chikara as he wins the gold medal in men's recurve open event at the Asian Para Archery Championships after a 7-1 win over China's Sijun Wang. Kiren Rijiju congratulates him on the win," said a tweet from the sports minister's office.
Chikara had made the cut for the 2020 Paralympics earlier as he finished joint ninth in the men's recurve open section at the World Para Championships in Hertogenbosch earlier this year.
There are 10 quota places for the Tokyo 2020 Paralympics which include two quotas each in the men's and women's recurve categories.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Tesla Unveils First Made-in-China Model 3 Sedan From Gigafactory 3 in Shanghai
- Siddhant Chaturvedi Recalls Make Out Session With Gully Boy Co-Star Ranveer Singh
- PUBG Mobile Club Open 2019: SouL MortaL Donates Entire Winning Amount to Indian Army
- Does Lionel Messi Really Have This Popular Comedian’s Face Tattooed on His Back?
- Pet Dog in Odisha Fights Cobra Before Killing it, Saves Family of Six