Wayne Rooney Returns to Manchester United Training
Manchester United's record goalscorer Wayne Rooney returned to training on Tuesday having missed the last four matches with a muscular injury.
Wayne Rooney. (Getty Images)
London: Manchester United's record goalscorer Wayne Rooney returned to training on Tuesday having missed the last four matches with a muscular injury.
The 31-year-old forward -- who became United's all-time goalscorer passing Bobby Charlton's tally of 249 when he scored against Stoke on January 21 -- took part in the squad's last session before they fly to France for Wednesday's Europa League last 32 second leg clash with St Etienne.
United -- who will be without suspended midfielder Ander Herrera and the injured defender Phil Jones -- won the first leg 3-0 part of a four match winning streak coinciding with Rooney's absence.
Rooney -- whom United manager Jose Mourinho said would not be sold despite reported interest from China as the club chases three Cups -- trained in front of the media in a group also comprising Anthony Martial and Henrikh Mkhitaryan.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- How PM Modi Overtook Donald Trump and Became the Second-Most Followed Leader on Social Media
- Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Next Film on PM Modi's Youth; Akshay Kumar Unveils First Look
- This Rescued Deer Keeps Coming Back to the Family Who Saved Him
- Xiaomi Mi TV 4X 65-inch Launched Alongside Mi TV 4X 50-inch, 4X 43-inch and 4A 40-inch
- 'They Play With Your Dignity': Cristiano Ronaldo Says he Was Embarrassed by Rape Allegations