Wimbledon 2017: Simona Halep Ousts Peng Shuai in Third Round
World number two Simona Halep battled her way into the fourth round at Wimbledon with victory over China's Peng Shuai on Friday.
London: World number two Simona Halep battled her way into the fourth round at Wimbledon with victory over China's Peng Shuai on Friday.
Romania's Halep, the second seed, won 6-4, 7-6 (9/7) in a 99-minute match on Court Two.
She plays former world number one Victoria Azarenka in the fourth round on Monday for a place in the quarter-finals.
Peng, the world number 37, was the last of the six Chinese players in the women's tournament.
Recommended For You
- ICC World Cup 2019 Final | Another Super Over Should Decide Winner: Tendulkar
- Why is The OxygenOS 9.5.9 Not Available For Many OnePlus 7 Pro Users in India Even Now?
- Big Tech Quartet's Antitrust Hearing Highlights Their Sheer Might and Murky Policies
- Netflix May Just Have Revealed the Biggest Spoiler About Sacred Games 2 with New Tweet
- TVS Young Media Racer Program 2019 Round 2: Has Anyone Seen My Footpeg?