Wimbledon 2017: Simona Halep Ousts Peng Shuai in Third Round
World number two Simona Halep battled her way into the fourth round at Wimbledon with victory over China's Peng Shuai on Friday.
London: World number two Simona Halep battled her way into the fourth round at Wimbledon with victory over China's Peng Shuai on Friday.
Romania's Halep, the second seed, won 6-4, 7-6 (9/7) in a 99-minute match on Court Two.
She plays former world number one Victoria Azarenka in the fourth round on Monday for a place in the quarter-finals.
Peng, the world number 37, was the last of the six Chinese players in the women's tournament.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Aamir Khan Looks Like a Hobo in Leaked Pics from Laal Singh Chaddha Sets
- Watch | Son Heung-min Scores Solo Stunner as Tottenham Hotspur Crush Burnley 5-0
- Maybe He Has Got too Carried Away with the Game, Says Paras Chhabra's Girlfriend Akanksha Puri
- Data Protection Law Gets Closer to Reality With Stiff Penalties for Data Leaks And Breaches
- India vs West Indies | Our Responsibility is to Support Rishabh Pant: Virat Kohli