Wimbledon 2019: Divij Sharan Reaches Pre-quarters
Divij Sharan, along with his men's doubles partner Marcelo Demoliner, defeated Sander Gille and Joran Vliegen to book their place in the pre-quarterfinal round.
London: Divij Sharan kept the Indian interest alive at the Wimbledon Championships by reaching the men's doubles pre-quarterfinals with partner Marcelo Demoliner, quelling a spirited fight from Sander Gille and Joran Vliegen here Friday.
Battling hard for over three hours, Sharan and his Brazilian partner eked out a 7-6(1) 5-7 7-6(6) 6-4 win over the Belgian pair.
Left-handed Sharan's best ever Grand Slam performance had come at the Wimbledon last year when he made the quarterfinals with Artem Sitak.
He has also reached the third round at Australian Open (2018), French Open (2017) and US Open (2013).
Rohan Bopanna, Leander Paes, Purav Raja and Jeevan Nedunchezhiyan have all exited from the men's doubles competition at Wimbledon.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- This 91-Year-Old Couple's 72nd Wedding Anniversary Photoshoot is Melting Hearts Online
- Dabangg 3: Salman Khan Introduces Saiee Manjrekar with A Quirky Caption
- BCCI President Has Not Spoken to Me on MS Dhoni: Virat Kohli
- Sara Ali Khan Shares Glimpses of Her Sri Lankan Getaway with Quirky Captions
- Disha Patani Shares Insta Story Featuring Tiger Shroff, Captions it 'Bhai Bhai'