Wimbledon 2019: Novak Djokovic Equals Boris Becker Mark with Last 16 Spot
Novak Djokovic trumped a spirited Hubert Hurkacz in four sets to book his place in the pre-quarterfinals at Wimbledon.
Novak Djokovic defeated Hubert Hurkacz to book his last 16 spot (Photo Credit: Reuters)
London: Defending champion Novak Djokovic went level with Boris Becker's mark of 12 appearances in the Wimbledon fourth round on Friday despite a mid-match blip.
The world number one and four-time winner defeated Poland's Hubert Hurkacz 7-5, 6-7 (5/7), 6-1, 6-4.
He will next face either Canada's Felix Auger-Aliassime who, at 18, is the youngest man in the draw, or Ugo Humbert of France, the world number 66.
The hunt for a fifth title continues…
— Wimbledon (@Wimbledon) July 5, 2019
Djokovic is now level with Becker in third place on the all-time list for last-16 places.
Roger Federer and Jimmy Connors lead the way with 16.
Recommended For You
- Watch: Scary Video of Spider with a Human-like Face on its Back Goes Viral
- Sushant Singh Rajput, Rhea Chakraborty Spotted Together By the Beach, Get Clicked with Fans
- Chandrayaan 2 Launched Successfully By ISRO | India's Second Moon Mission
- Umpire Kumar Dharmasena Admits 'Error' in Awarding England Six Runs in World Cup Final
- Xiaomi Redmi K20, K20 Pro go on Sale Today: Price, Launch Offers and More