Wimbledon 2019: Roger Federer into Last 16 with Record 350th Grand Slam Win
Roger Federer defeated Lucas Pouille in a closely-fought three-setter as he registered his 350th in Grand Slam match en route to the pre-quarters.
Roger Federer beat Lucas Pouille to win his 350th match at majors (Photo Credit: Reuters)
London: Eight-time champion Roger Federer reached the Wimbledon fourth round for the 17th time on Saturday, racking up a record 350th win at the Grand Slams.
The Swiss second seed eased past French 27th seed Lucas Pouille 7-5, 6-2, 7-6 (7/4) and will face Italy's 17th seed Matteo Berrettini for a place in the quarter-finals.
It will be Federer's 17th appearance in the fourth round at Wimbledon, taking him ahead of Jimmy Connors on the all-time list.
It’s hard to stop @rogerfederer in this kind of form…
— Wimbledon (@Wimbledon) July 6, 2019
Berrettini saved three match points to see off Diego Schwartzman of Argentina 6-7 (5/7), 7-6 (7/2), 4-6, 7-6 (7/4), 6-3.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- 'Such a Cute Ma Sita': People Can't Get Enough of Little Girl Dancing to Drum Beats
- Mom and Dad, Sorry for All Those Times I Was a Prick: Shahid Kapoor
- Pune Electric Bus Seen Charging Through a Generator – That Runs on Diesel: Watch Video
- ‘Lo Chali Main’: Renuka Shahane Just Had a ‘Hum Aapke Hain Koun’ Moment and Twitter is LOLing
- Carlsberg Wants to Bring The World’s First Beer Bottles Made From Paper to The Market