Divij Sharan-Marcelo Demoliner Ousted from Wimbledon
The Indian challenge came to an end at Wimbledon as Divij Sharan, along with his partner Marcelo Demoliner, crashed out of the men's doubles at the pre-quarterfinal stage.
Divij Sharan lost his men's doubled match to crash out in the pre-quarter stage (Photo Credit: Twitter/Divij Sharan)
London: Divij Sharan and Marcelo Demoliner fought their hearts out in a gruelling battle before losing to top seeds Lukasz Kubot and Marcelo Melo in the men's doubles pre-quarterfinals, here Monday.
Unseeded Sharan and his Brazilian partner pushed the top side of the world before losing 5-7 7-6(8) 6-7(8) 3-6 after three hours and 18 minutes.
Sharan was the last Indian standing in the Wimbledon championships.
Sharan was a quarterfinalist in the doubles event here last year.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Watch: Burglar Kisses Elderly Woman to Calm Her During Robbery in Pharmacy
- Indian Tourist from Maharashtra Detained in Bhutan for 'Desecrating' Holy Buddhist Chorten
- Sorry Pixel 4 But iPhone Users Can Get Free Unlimited Storage on Google Photos
- Guidelines For Influencers Are Incoming; a Few Folks And Brands Must be Very Worried
- TRAI to Decide on Jio, Airtel And Vodafone Battle For How Long Your Phone Should Ring