World Junior Track Cycling Championship: Esow Alben Wins 2 Medals as India Put Up Best-ever Show
India won a gold, a silver and a bronze each to finish sixth in the medals tally at World Junior Track Cycling Championship.
Image for representational purpose. (Photo Credit: Getty Images)
Indian Esow Alben bagged two medals at the World Junior Track Championship to help India register its best ever performance at a global cycling event.
India won a gold, silver and bronze each to finish sixth in the medals tally. Germany, New Zealnd and Greece claimed the top three places respectively.
The trio of Esow, Ronaldo Singh and Rojit Singh scripted history by grabbing a gold in the men's sprint event.
Esow then secured a silver medal winning performance in the individual sprint event. The 18-year-old also won the bronze in the men's individual keirin event.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Watch: Horrifying Video Shows Snake Latching onto Man's Head After He Taunts It
- Tom Hiddleston Reveals Chris Hemsworth Punched Him While Filming The Avengers
- 'Bhindi,' Coconut, 'Hing' and Raw Turmeric: Chefs Reveal Their Most Hated Ingredients
- Photos Show How Greta Thunberg's Supporters Grew from Two, to Millions In Just a Year
- Sony Bravia A9G OLED Master Series Review: The TV to Buy If You Are Rich Enough