Wozniacki Ruled Out of Qatar Open Due to Injury
Former world No. 1 Caroline Wozniacki has opted to skip the Qatar Open due to injury, tournament organisers announced, in Doha on Tuesday. Two others too pulled out from the tournament during the day citing "viral illness".
Abu Dhabi: Former world No. 1 Caroline Wozniacki has opted to skip the Qatar Open due to injury, tournament organisers announced, in Doha on Tuesday. Two others too pulled out from the tournament during the day citing "viral illness".
Wozniacki, currently ranked 10th in the world, was joined on the sidelines by world No. 14 Ashleigh Barty of Australia with a hip injury and No. 19 Caroline Garcia of France, giving no reason, reports Xinhua news agency.
"Unfortunately, I have withdrawn from Doha and Dubai with a minor hip injury," Barty said, adding she would also miss the Dubai Tennis Championships later this month.
"After consulting with the WTA doctors, I have decided to have a few weeks rest," Barty said.
The Doha event lost Naomi Osaka, the world No. 1 and newly crowned Australian Open champion, just days before the start of the tournament. She decided to opt out because of a back injury.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Bigg Boss 13: When I Met Rashami She Was On Road With No Money, Says Arhaan Khan
- 'Most Famous Refugee Family': Church Nativity Scene Shows Jesus, Mary & Joseph as Caged Immigrants
- Aamir Khan Shoots for Laal Singh Chaddha on Howrah Bridge
- I-League 2019-20: Srinagar Airport 'Inoperative', Real Kashmir FC's Next 2 Games Cancelled
- #BoycottPanipat Trends on Twitter After Protest in Rajasthan Over 'Wrong Facts' in Film