WTA Rankings: Serena Williams Takes Back Top Spot From Kerber
United States legend Serena Williams replaced German Angelique Kerber at the top of the Women's Tennis Association (WTA) singles rankings released on Monday, with 7,780 points.
Serena Williams. (Getty Images)
Melbourne: United States legend Serena Williams replaced German Angelique Kerber at the top of the Women's Tennis Association (WTA) singles rankings released on Monday, with 7,780 points.
Serena won on Saturday her seventh Australian Open singles title after defeating her sister Venus 6-4, 6-4 in the final here, reports Efe.
Kerber, who fell to second place with 7,115 points, took the top spot in September from Williams, who ruled the rankings for 186 consecutive weeks.
The current WTA rankings and points are:
1. Serena Williams (US) 7,780 points
3. Karolina Pliskova (Czech) 5,270
4. Simona Halep (Romania) 5,073
5. Dominika Cibulkova (Slovakia) 4,985
6. Agnieszka Radwanska (Poland) 4,915
7. Garbiñe Muguruza (Spain) 4,720
8. Svetlana Kuznetsova (Russia) 3,915
9. Madison Keys (US) 3,897
10. Johanna Konta (Britain) 3,705.
Recommended For You
- Now Get Fuel at Your Doorstep - Indian Oil Starts Home Delivery of Diesel in India
- Sanjana Sanghi To Star Opposite Sushant Singh Rajput In 'The Fault In Our Stars' Remake
- Stephen Hawking's Last Research Paper Could Prove The Existence of Multiple Universes
- 'Always Trusted Dinesh Karthik's Ability to Finish Game'
- Meghan Markle 'Missing' Online Friends After Surrendering Social Media Accounts