WTA Rankings: Serena Williams Takes Back Top Spot From Kerber
United States legend Serena Williams replaced German Angelique Kerber at the top of the Women's Tennis Association (WTA) singles rankings released on Monday, with 7,780 points.
Serena Williams. (Getty Images)
Melbourne: United States legend Serena Williams replaced German Angelique Kerber at the top of the Women's Tennis Association (WTA) singles rankings released on Monday, with 7,780 points.
Serena won on Saturday her seventh Australian Open singles title after defeating her sister Venus 6-4, 6-4 in the final here, reports Efe.
Kerber, who fell to second place with 7,115 points, took the top spot in September from Williams, who ruled the rankings for 186 consecutive weeks.
The current WTA rankings and points are:
1. Serena Williams (US) 7,780 points
2. Angelique Kerber (Germany) 7,115
3. Karolina Pliskova (Czech) 5,270
4. Simona Halep (Romania) 5,073
5. Dominika Cibulkova (Slovakia) 4,985
6. Agnieszka Radwanska (Poland) 4,915
7. Garbiñe Muguruza (Spain) 4,720
8. Svetlana Kuznetsova (Russia) 3,915
9. Madison Keys (US) 3,897
10. Johanna Konta (Britain) 3,705.
Recommended For You
- How Many of Us Choose Heart Over Mind: Kangana Ranaut Supports Priyanka Chopra for 'Jai Hind' Tweet
- Spotify Premium Now Available With 3 Months of Free Access for New Users
- Sara Ali Khan Gives Fans Yet Another Reason to Adore Her As She Clicks Selfie With Kids at Airport
- Not Just a Dropped Pin: Spacewalking Scientists Add Parking Spot to International Space Station
- Woman Abandoned by Boyfriend on a Road Trip Assumed She was Being Pranked