Youth Olympics: India Settles For Silver After Losing in Men's Hockey 5s
India lost 2-4 to Malaysia in the final of the men's hockey 5s competition at the third Youth Olympic Games to settle for the silver medal here on Sunday
Twitter/ Hockey India
Buenos Aires: India lost 2-4 to Malaysia in the final of the men's hockey 5s competition at the third Youth Olympic Games to settle for the silver medal here on Sunday.
Skipper Vivek Sagar Prasad's brace went in vain as Malaysia made a valiant fight back in the second half to clinch the yellow metal.
It was India which took the lead in the third minute through Vivek but their joy was short-lived as Malaysia drew parity in the fifth minute through Firodus Rosdi.
A minute later Vivek struck again as India went into the breather leading by a narrow one goal margin.
But the game completely changed in the second half as Akhimullah Anuar (14th, 19th) scored two goals while Amirul Azahar found the back of the Indian net in the 17th minute to hand Malaysia a commanding 4-2 lead.
From there on it proved to be an uphill task for India as Malaysia defended in numbers and didn't allow their opponents any inroads into their citadel.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Bigg Boss 13: When I Met Rashami She Was On Road With No Money, Says Arhaan Khan
- Pati Patni Aur Woh Earns Double of Panipat in First Weekend at Box Office
- 'Most Famous Refugee Family': Church Nativity Scene Shows Jesus, Mary & Joseph as Caged Immigrants
- Nike Joyride Dual Run Review: The Running Shoe Revolution is Truly Underway
- 'A Huge Day' - Pakistan Welcome Sri Lanka for First Test Tour Since 2009 Terror Attack