Yuki Stuns Mahut to Enter Second Round at Indian Wells
India's Yuki Bhambri fought his way to a straight sets win over experienced Frenchman Nicolas Mahut in a men's singles first round match at the BNP Paribas Open here.
Yuki Bhambri (Getty Images)
Indian Wells: India's Yuki Bhambri fought his way to a straight sets win over experienced Frenchman Nicolas Mahut in a men's singles first round match at the BNP Paribas Open here.
Bhambri, ranked 110, defeated World No. 101 Mahut 7-5, 6-3 in one hour and 41 minutes. It was their first meeting on the ATP tour and both had qualified for the main draw.
The Indian next faces another Frenchman Lucas Pouille, who got a first round bye. Pouille reached a career-high rank of 12 earlier this month
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Panga Vs Street Dancer 3D Box Office Collection Day 2: Word of Mouth Works in Favour of Kangana Ranaut's Film
- Republic Day 2020: Patriotic Fervour Runs High Among B-town Celebs as They Post Pics With Tricolour
- PUBG Mobile: Exclusive Maserati Ghibli Skin For Dacia Spotted
- Australian Open 2020 Day 7 HIGHLIGHTS: Federer Joins Djokovic, Barty in Quarter-finals
- Pakistan Thump Sloppy Bangladesh for Twenty20 Series Win