Zlatan Ibrahimovic Likens Himself to a 'Lion' After Cup Heroics
Manchester United striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic has likened himself to a lion after his brace in Sunday's 3-1 League Cup final win over Southampton took his goal tally to 26 this season.
Zlatan Ibrahimovic. (Getty Images)
Manchester: Manchester United striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic has likened himself to a lion after his brace in Sunday's 3-1 League Cup final win over Southampton took his goal tally to 26 this season.
Ibrahimovic has made more appearances than any other member of Jose Mourinho's squad with United pursuing further silverware in the FA Cup and Europa League, as well as a top-four Premier League finish.
"I feel fresh. I feel good. I feel like an animal. I'm an animal. I feel like a lion," the 35-year-old told British media.
"I feel in good shape. I train hard. People who know me from the locker room know that I train very hard."
There were initial suggestions that the ageing Swede would struggle to adapt to the pace and intensity of the English game and Ibrahimovic admitted he has enjoyed silencing his doubters.
"It is because I am here in England. After all these years (people said): 'He didn't come and show himself here.' But I came. And I came when people thought it was impossible for me to do what I am able to do."
Recommended For You
- The Death of the Early Internet: A Crisis of Eventuality
- Fardeen Khan on Being Body-Shamed: I've Been Bashed Unnecessarily, We Need to Get Over These Things
- First Ever Interstellar Object May Have Hit Earth Five Years Ago
- Norwegian Police Arrest the Night King, Tell GoT Fans That Winter is Not Coming
- Haystacks, Helicopters and Hema Malini: Will Mathura Choose 'Dream Girl' in Lok Sabha 2019?
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s