Zlatan Ibrahimovic Likens Himself to a 'Lion' After Cup Heroics
Manchester United striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic has likened himself to a lion after his brace in Sunday's 3-1 League Cup final win over Southampton took his goal tally to 26 this season.
Zlatan Ibrahimovic. (Getty Images)
Manchester: Manchester United striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic has likened himself to a lion after his brace in Sunday's 3-1 League Cup final win over Southampton took his goal tally to 26 this season.
Ibrahimovic has made more appearances than any other member of Jose Mourinho's squad with United pursuing further silverware in the FA Cup and Europa League, as well as a top-four Premier League finish.
"I feel fresh. I feel good. I feel like an animal. I'm an animal. I feel like a lion," the 35-year-old told British media.
"I feel in good shape. I train hard. People who know me from the locker room know that I train very hard."
There were initial suggestions that the ageing Swede would struggle to adapt to the pace and intensity of the English game and Ibrahimovic admitted he has enjoyed silencing his doubters.
"It is because I am here in England. After all these years (people said): 'He didn't come and show himself here.' But I came. And I came when people thought it was impossible for me to do what I am able to do."
Recommended For You
- Christmas Melody or Date-rape Song? Radio Stations Review 'Baby It's Cold Outside' in Light of #MeToo
- #SeduceMeIn4Words: This Hashtag Has Got Twitter Looking Out for Mr or Ms Write
- Tomb Raiders: Egypt Investigating Couple Filmed Naked On Top of Giza Pyramid
- Xiaomi Poco F1 Gets Permanent Price Cut of Rs 1,000; Now Starts at Rs 19,999
- India vs Australia: Pant Surpasses Saha & Equals World Record For Most Dismissals in a Test
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s