Zverev Beats Djokovic to Clinch Italian Open Title
German youngster Alexander Zverev pulled off the biggest win of his career on Sunday when he beat world number two Novak Djokovic 6-4 6-3 to win the Italian Open on Sunday.
(Image Credit: Reuters)
Rome: German youngster Alexander Zverev pulled off the biggest win of his career on Sunday when he beat world number two Novak Djokovic 6-4 6-3 to win the Italian Open on Sunday.
He controlled play from the back of the court with his fluid two-handed backhand and heavy forehand.
Zverev broke again in the third game of the second set and clinched the match with another break in the ninth game.
Djokovic, who has wrestled with injuries and lack of confidence since winning the French Open last June, had looked his old dominant self when he beat Dominic Thiem in Saturday's semi-final but was unable to recapture that form on Sunday.
Recommended For You
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan Shares Adorable Throwback Pictures From When She Was Aaradhya's Age
- Dhoni Gives Special Gift to Pune Groundsmen After CSK's Last 'Home' Game
- Samsung Galaxy A6+ First Impressions Review: A Complete Package
- Munna Bhai 3: Rajkumar Hirani Confirms Working on Threequel But Wait, It's Not Munna Bhai Chale America
- Andres Iniesta Bows Out With Barcelona Win Thanks to Brilliant Philippe Coutinho Strike