Amazon Gets 238 Proposals For Second Headquarters
According to a report, the tech giant said on Monday that the proposals span across 54 states, provinces, districts and territories across North America.
Photo for representation. (Image: Reuters)
Commerce and Cloud computing giant Amazon has said it has received 238 proposals from cities and regions vying to host its second headquarters. According to a CNNMoney report, the tech giant said on Monday that the proposals span across 54 states, provinces, districts and territories across North America. Amazon announced plans for a second headquarters in September, sending cities into a frenzy.
The company expects to invest more than $5 billion to build the facility and will create as many as 50,000 "high-paying" jobs. Amazon says the new headquarters, dubbed HQ2, will be a "full equal" to its Seattle campus. The company estimates that its investments in Seattle from 2010 through 2016 resulted in an additional $38 billion to the city's economy. The report said that in order to woo Amazon, cities made elaborate and creative gestures.
While Kansas Mayor Sly James wrote five-star reviews for 1,000 random items on Amazon's website, Tucson sent Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos a giant cactus, and New York City lit up landmarks like the Empire State Building in "Amazon orange".
Don't Miss: Tech And Auto Show | EP17 | Xiaomi Mi Mix 2, Maruti Suzuki S-Cross & More
Recommended For You
- Have You Tried Solving this ‘Maths Meme’ that Has Left People Scratching Their Heads?
- Pooja Batra Nails the Minimal Bride Look at Intimate Wedding with Nawwab Shah, See Pics
- Watch: Sleeping Man Doesn't Even Wake Up as a Snake is Rescued from His Kurta
- TVS Young Media Racer Program 2019 Round 2: Has Anyone Seen My Footpeg?
- After HDFC Bank Warning to Customers About Fraudsters, AnyDesk Details Security Measures in Place