Apple Files Patent For Vaporiser
It may be a standalone product intended for recreational use and interestingly the application does not cite a human end user.
Apple files patent for Vaporiser Technology. (Image: REUTERS)
The US Patent and Trademark Office has published an application that shows Apple has filed a patent for a vaporiser technology -- an apparatus that can regulate temperature to release heat from a substance within a canister.
However, the patent application does not mention anything about what substance the device is designed to be used with, The Verge reported on Saturday.
It may be a standalone product intended for recreational use and interestingly the application does not cite a human end user, the report added.
Speculations are that if not a vape, Apple could foray into air freshener segment.
Recently, the vapour technology was used to create interactive holograms.
Last year, CES launched a smartphone that one can smoke.
Catch the biggest newsmakers and the biggest newsbreaks on CNN-News18, the only news destination. Keep watching CNN-News18 at just 50 paise per month. Contact your cable/DTH operator now!
*Rental/capacity fee of Rs. 130/- as charged by cable/DTH operator may apply. **GST extra.
Recommended For You
- Kangana Ranaut on #MeToo: Not Sexually, but Have Been Harassed by Actors on Sets
- WhatsApp Fingerprint Lock, Sticker Integration, Private Replies and More Coming in Future Updates
- 'Posers and Lovers': Tahira Kashyap's Birthday Pics With Ayushmann Khurrana are Unmissable
- None of the Avengers Can Beat Thanos' Hilarious #10YearChallenge, See Post
- Old MS Dhoni is Back With a Vengeance: Border
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s