Apple Releases OS Updates for iPhone, Mac, Watch And TV
In iOS, users gain the ability to locate AirPods using Find my iPhone and Siri now supports cricket sports scores and statistics for IPL and ICC.
Apple AirPods. (Representative image: News18.com)
Apple has released software updates for the OS of its iPhones, Watches, Macs and TVs. Along with the feature to locate one's Airpods, the list of all the updates is long.
Here are some of the key updates that Apple brought for its users.
- In iOS, users gain the ability to locate AirPods using Find my iPhone and Siri now supports cricket sports scores and statistics for IPL and ICC.
- In watchOS, users gain the ability to use Siri with apps and Theater Mode to keep the screen dark until tapped.
- Night Shift comes to macOS, in addition to Siri support for cricket and Dictation support for Shanghainese.
- In tvOS, introducing Rentals in the Cloud, so users can enjoy iTunes movie rentals across devices and long-list scrolling.
The updates included in the OS 10.3 for iPhones are:
- Introduces new features including the ability to locate AirPods using Find my iPhone and more ways to use Siri with payment, ride booking and automaker apps.
- Find My iPhone lets you view the current or last known location of your AirPods and play a sound on one or both AirPods to help you find them.
- Siri learns Cricket sports scores and statistics for Indian Premier League and International Cricket Council.
- Through SiriKit, Siri adds support for paying and checking status of bills with payment apps; scheduling with ride booking apps.
- CarPlay gets shortcuts in the status bar for easy access to last used apps and Apple Music has a new 'Now Playing' screen.
- Rent once and watch your iTunes movies across your devices
- Calendar adds the ability to delete an unwanted invite and report it as junk
- Home app support to trigger scenes using accessories with switches and buttons; and for accessory battery level status
The updates included in the Apple WatchOS 3.2 are:
- Introduces the ability to use Siri with apps and Theater Mode to keep the screen dark until you tap it.
- Siri now works with apps from the App Store to start workouts, send messages, make payments, book rides, and more.
- Theater Mode setting turns on silent mode and keeps the screen dark until you tap it, even when you raise your wrist.
- Music playlist sync progress is now displayed in the Apple Watch app on iPhone.
The macOS 10.12.4 updates include:
- Improves the stability, compatibility and security of your Mac.
- Adds Night Shift for automatically shifting the colors in your display to the warmer end of the spectrum after dark
- Adds Siri support for cricket sports scores and statistics for Indian Premier League and International Cricket Council
- Adds Dictation support for Shanghainese
The updates included in the Operating System of Apple TV are:-
- Long list scrolling: Navigate long lists faster by swiping along the far right side of your remote to quickly forwards or backwards.
- Rentals in the cloud: Enjoy your iTunes movie rentals across your devices. For example, rent a movie on your iPhone and watch it on your Apple TV.
- General performance and stability improvements.
- Updated Apple TV Remote app for iOS: Now includes an iPad version. See music lyrics and playlists in the Remote app, along with the ability to select movie chapters, audio tracks, and closed captions.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Bigg Boss 13: Mouni Roy Shares Romantic Moment with Salman Khan, Dances to Odhni Song
- How a Wheelchair Taxi Service is Helping Specially-Abled Voters in Mumbai Reach Poll Booths
- CM Arvind Kejriwal Announces Mega First-of-its-Kind 'Community Diwali' in Delhi
- Flipkart Big Diwali Sale: Get Samsung’s The Frame QLED Smart TV at Rs 72,000
- OnePlus TV 55Q1 Pro Review: Mildly Eccentric But You’ll Love a Great QLED Display