Apple Watch 5 May Bring Back Ceramic Build, Introduce Titanium: Report
These special materials might see the return of the premium Watch Edition, which serves the luxury and lifestyle technology segment for Apple.
Apple is expected to launch a host of new products next month including the upgraded Apple Watch 5 which is expected to come in titanium and ceramic variants. Brazilian site iHelp BR spotted graphics hidden in the beta code of watchOS 6 that points to ceramic and titanium casings quite possibly for the Apple Watch 5 but maybe as new options, alongside stainless steel for the Apple Watch 4, TechRadar reported on Sunday.
Both new watch models would reportedly come in both the 40mm and 44mm versions and iHelp BR has found animations for the initial Apple Watch setup process. To recall, back in February, analyst Ming-Chi Kuo had said that Apple would add a new ceramic case design to its Apple Watch lineup this year. In addition, Apple Watch Series 5 model is expected to use OLED screens supplied by Japan Display.
Japan Display would gradually increase its proportion of OLED display orders for the Apple Watch, starting with 15-20 per cent of orders in 2019 and reaching 70-80 per cent in 2021.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro to Sell at Rs 24,999 During 'Diwali With Mi' Sale
- A Simple Case of Ear Infection Could Be the Reason Why Entire Species of Neanderthals Went Extinct
- Xiaomi Redmi 8A Confirmed to Feature USB Type-C, 5000mAh Battery Ahead of Launch
- Apple iPhone 11 Preorders Are Already Sold Out on Amazon And Flipkart
- Sacramento Kings vs Indiana Pacers: The NBA Game That May Bring Donald Trump to India Next Month