Beware: Nokia 7 Plus Owners Running Android P Beta
Users can fix this issue by initiating a factory reset for their device and return back to Android 8.1 Oreo.
Representative Image. (Photo: REUTERS/Sari Gustafsson)
Nokia 7 Plus users running Android P beta on your device are strongly advised against installing the latest June security update. Users complained on Nokia’s forums after their phone downloaded the 1.3GB update, they said they didn't realize it was a downgrade package. However, this only affects Nokia 7 Plus owners who have Android P beta which is expected to have a few bugs. However, these issues are expected to be ironed out in the testing phase at the company level.
As a result of this update, users are having their devices crash and applications force closed because their data is meant for a newer version of Android. The rollback package on the Android P install page doesn’t work either, as the package is older than the current build.
Users can fix this issue by initiating a factory reset for their device and return back to Android 8.1 Oreo and await a solution from the company.
Watch: Samsung Galaxy A6+ Review | A Complete Samsung Package in a Budget
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Having Multiple Husbands May Be a 'Wise Strategy' For Women, Claims Study
- Move Over Shane Warne, This Young Cricketer Just Bagged His First 'Wicket' at Lord's
- How Dare Someone Constantly Make Us Soft Targets: Karan Johar Reacts Angrily to Drug Party Claims
- Jio Effect: Hathway 100Mbps Plan Priced at Rs 699, Play Box Android TV Box Available at Rs 899
- Weekly Tech Recap: Realme 5 Series Launch, Reliance Jio Fiber, PUBG Mobile 0.14.0 Update and More