Bharti Airtel Sells 10.3% Stake in Bharti Infratel to KKR, CPPIB
Following the closure of this transaction, Bharti Airtel’s equity holding in Bharti Infratel stands at 61.7 percent, and that of KKR and CPPIB at 10.3 percent.
Bharti Airtel. Representative Image. (Image: REUTERS/Adnan Abidi/File Photo)
Bharti Airtel Limited today announced the successful completion of the secondary sale of over 190 million shares of its subsidiary Bharti Infratel Limited (“Bharti Infratel”) representing 10.3 percent, to a consortium of funds advised by KKR and Canada Pension Plan Investment Board (“CPPIB”) for a total consideration of over Rs 6,193.9 Cr (approx. US$ 951.6 million), executed at a price of Rs 325 per share.
Bharti Airtel will primarily use the proceeds from this sale to reduce its debt. Following the closure of this transaction, Bharti Airtel’s equity holding in Bharti Infratel stands at 61.7 percent, and that of KKR and CPPIB at 10.3 percent.
This transaction makes it KKR’s second investment in Bharti Infratel. Previously, the funds managed by KKR had invested in Bharti Infratel during the period 2008 to 2015. Post this transaction, the stake held by KKR and CPPIB (combined) will be the single largest public shareholder block.
Recommended For You
- 'Mahi Maar Raha Hai': Twitter Hails Dhoni as India Register Historic ODI Series Win in Australia
- The 10 Year Challenge on Facebook: Intelligent Algorithms Aside, Are we The Product, Again?
- PUBG Mobile 0.10.5 Update Goes Live: Adds Royale Pass Season 5, MK47 Mutant But no Zombie Mode
- Marvel Takes #10YearChallenge, Shares Pictures of Avengers Endgame Characters
- New Toyota Camry Hybrid Launched in India for Rs 36.95 Lakh
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s