Bharti Airtel Sells 10.3% Stake in Bharti Infratel to KKR, CPPIB
Following the closure of this transaction, Bharti Airtel’s equity holding in Bharti Infratel stands at 61.7 percent, and that of KKR and CPPIB at 10.3 percent.
Jio Effect: Airtel Now Offering VoLTE on Roaming, Follows Vodafone
Bharti Airtel Limited today announced the successful completion of the secondary sale of over 190 million shares of its subsidiary Bharti Infratel Limited (“Bharti Infratel”) representing 10.3 percent, to a consortium of funds advised by KKR and Canada Pension Plan Investment Board (“CPPIB”) for a total consideration of over Rs 6,193.9 Cr (approx. US$ 951.6 million), executed at a price of Rs 325 per share.
Bharti Airtel will primarily use the proceeds from this sale to reduce its debt. Following the closure of this transaction, Bharti Airtel’s equity holding in Bharti Infratel stands at 61.7 percent, and that of KKR and CPPIB at 10.3 percent.
This transaction makes it KKR’s second investment in Bharti Infratel. Previously, the funds managed by KKR had invested in Bharti Infratel during the period 2008 to 2015. Post this transaction, the stake held by KKR and CPPIB (combined) will be the single largest public shareholder block.
Recommended For You
- Samsung Tablet Explodes and Burns a Hole in Bed, 11-Year-Old Escapes Unhurt
- Over 200 Million Wi-Fi Enabled Devices Sold in India in 2018, Claims Report
- Kabir Singh Box Office Collection Day 4: Shahid Kapoor-Kiara Advani Starrer Earns Rs 88 Crore
- Deepika Padukone Slays in Chic Outfit in This Stunning Photo Shoot, Ranveer Singh Takes Full Credit
- One Pilot Dead, Other Ejected Safely After 2 Eurofighter Jets Crashed in Germany
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s