Bitcoin Now at $5,000, Slumps to Another 13-Month Low
Bitcoin has slumped to a fresh low, because of fears over a "hard fork".
Picture for representation.
Bitcoin fell below $5,000 on Monday for the first time in over a year, slumping to a fresh 13-month low on the Bitstamp platform as a broad sell-off in cryptocurrencies sparked last week gathered momentum. As of 1645 GMT the original cryptocurrency was down 8.7 percent at $5,100, after breaching the landmark for the first time since Oct. 12, 2017. Traders said selling was largely sentiment-driven and cited fears that Thursday’s “hard fork” in bitcoin cash, where the smaller coin split into two separate currencies, could destabilise others.
Recommended For You
- Padmaavat Row to Tanushree Dutta’s Courageous Fight: Top 7 Bollywood Controversies of 2018
- IPL Auction: The Complete List of Players Sold in Jaipur
- Shah Rukh Khan on Zero: If This Film Doesn't Work, Maybe I Won't Get Work for 6 or 10 Months
- Tech And Auto Awards 2018 Winners: Huawei P20 Pro is The Best Camera Phone of The Year
- Rapper T-Pain Accused of Lifting Arijit Singh's 'Tum Hi Ho' Melody, YouTube Removes Video
Countdown To Elections Results
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s
To Assembly Elections 2018 Results