BSNL Ties up With Fibre Home to Manufacture Telecom Equipment
BSNL has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with Fibre Home Pvt. Ltd. to jointly start manufacturing telecom equipment and optical fibre cable in BSNL factories.
Jio Effect: BSNL VoLTE Service Now Available In Select Circles (photo for representation)
State-owned telecom service provider Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL) has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with Fibre Home Pvt. Ltd. to jointly start manufacturing telecom equipment and optical fibre cable in BSNL factories. BSNL has seven telecom factories with a large manpower (around 1,600) and elaborate infrastructure. The telecom factories are manufacturing several customer-end equipments and testing tools for internal consumption of BSNL.
"This agreement will help India get high-quality telecom equipment at reasonable cost and will also reduce deployment time. BSNL always strives hard to fulfil government dreams by adopting workable and practical programmes like this," said BSNL CMD Anupam Shrivastava. Fibre Home (parent company of Fibre Home India Limited) has one of the largest telecom manufacturing bases in China. It is manufacturing equipment at the transport layer and access layer of telecom network.
The MoU between the two companies is expected to bring telecom manufacturing technology and expertise to India.
Watch Video: Exclusive Interview - Chris Jaffe, VP User Interface, Netflix
Recommended For You
- Twitter Explodes with 'Priyanka Chopra Joins RSS' Memes as Actress Steps Out in Khaki Shorts
- Angelina Jolie And Keanu Reeves Dating, Claim Reports
- Not Your or Rest of World’s Business: Sania Mirza, Veena Mallik Engage in Twitter Spat Post India's Win Over Pakistan
- OnePlus 7 Pro 5G Belatedly Gets the Oxygen OS 9.5.4 Update With Bug Fixes And Improvements
- The Apple iPhone 2020 Lineup Expected to Have OLED Displays With 5G Support, Says Ming-Chi Kuo
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s