Cyclone Fani: Airtel, Vodafone, Idea, Jio And BSNL Have Merged Networks in Odisha
Telecom operators BSNL, Airtel, Vodafone, Idea and Jio have merged to provide uninterrupted services in the cyclone-affected areas.
Cyclone Fani: Know How To Avail Any Mobile Network Across Bhubaneswar (PTI)
#CycloneFani Alert: Now you can use any available mobile network by searching mobile network manually in settings. Turn Data Roaming 4 internet. Now All mobile network BSNL, Airtel, Vodafone, Idea, Jio have merged to give uninterrupted serving in Cyclone affected area in Odisha.— Smart Bhubaneswar (@BSCL_BBSR) May 8, 2019
The death toll in Cyclone Fani rose to 29 on Sunday, two days after the "extremely severe" storm barrelled through coastal Odisha, causing widespread destruction and leaving hundreds grappling with water shortage and power cuts, an official said. Announcing a relief package for those affected by the calamity, Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik said all families in Puri and in those parts of Khurda, which had been "extremely severely affected" in the storm, will get 50 kg of rice, Rs 2,000 in cash and polythene sheets, if covered under the Food Security Act (FSA).
Kerala chief minister Pinarayi Vijayan also extended help to the Odisha government. "Government of Kerala and its people offer all assistance including sending of medical teams, providing fire and rescue services and electricity personnel if you deem any of them necessary. We will also be able to provide provisions, clothing, tarpaulin and other essentials in numbers that you may indicate," the Kerala CM's office said in a statement.
Recommended For You
- Ananya Panday Celebrates Suhana Khan's 19th Birthday with 'Charlie's Angels' Throwback Pic
- Ayodhya's Ram Sita Temple Serves Iftar Meals to Muslim Devotees on Premises, Wins Hearts
- I Stayed in a Hotel with Amazon Echo-Powered Room Service, and it was Rather Useful
- Call of Duty Mobile Beta Rolling Out for Android Users in India
- Gomathi Marimuthu Provisionally Suspended after Testing Positive for Banned Substance
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s