Details of Microsoft's 'Pocketable Surface' Device Leaked
The "pocketable Surface device" that has appeared multiple times in patents is something the company has quietly incubated internally.
Microsoft Wins $479.2 Million Contract From US Army (Image for representation: Reuters)
Details of Microsoft's secret Surface device codenamed "Andromeda" that it reportedly plans to release in 2018, have been leaked, suggesting it may come with a dual-display design, the media said. The "pocketable Surface device" that has appeared multipla times in patents is something the company has quietly incubated internally. It will create a "new and disruptive" device category to influence the overall Surface roadmap and blur the lines between a personal computer (PC) and a mobile, The Verge reported late on Friday.
According to an internal Microsoft document the device brings together innovative new hardware and software experiences to create a truly personal and versatile computing experience". Microsoft is reportedly experimenting with "stylus" input for "Andromeda" so that the device could fold over like a book and a pen could be used to capture digital ink.
"Prototype devices include styluses and notepad-like apps to capture notes. Microsoft is also experimenting with Advanced RISC Machines (ARM) processors inside prototype 'Andromeda' devices, but it's not clear if the company will proceed with Intel or Qualcomm for a final device," the report added.
Also Watch: Tech and Auto Show | Ep 43 | FIFA VAR Explained, Tata Tiago LT and More
Recommended For You
- India vs West Indies | Bhuvneshwar Back to Bowling, Unlikely to Return for West Indies Clash
- 'I am Fine, Recovering & Should Be Back to My Hotel Room Soon' - Brian Lara
- Over 200 Million Wi-Fi Enabled Devices Sold in India in 2018, Claims Report
- Kabir Singh Box Office Collection Day 4: Shahid Kapoor-Kiara Advani Starrer Earns Rs 88 Crore
- #WATCH: Shah Rukh Khan 'Lip Syncing' His Mohabbatein Song In Chinese
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s