Facebook and Messenger App to Stop Working on These Phones by March End
Facebook has announced that it will no longer support devices that are running older versions of the apps.
Facebook has announced that it will no longer support devices that are running older versions of the apps. (Image: Reuters)
Come March end and Facebook and its Messenger app will stop running on a number of devices. Facebook has announced that it will no longer support devices that are running older versions of the apps, which includes v55 of Facebook app and v10 of Messenger on Android OS.
Further, it will also stop support for Facebook on Windows Phone.
The social media giant said that its team spends countless hours making the platform best.
"One of the ways we continue to improve is by consistently introducing rich features, like voice and video calling, games, and bots for Messenger. Using older versions of apps means that experiences won't work well or sometimes not at all," Facebook said in a blog post.
Facebook for iPad v26, Messenger v8 for iOS, Facebook for iOS released in 2011, Facebook for Windows Phone, Messenger for Windows Phone 8 and 8.1, and Facebook for Windows 8 and the 8.1 desktop will not be supported also.
Recommended For You
- 'Enough About Ram': Can Ramayana's Sita be the Next Feminist Icon in India?
- Ranveer Singh Simmba Co-star Siddharth Jadhav: I Knew About His Excitement for the Wedding
- 1st Ducati Panigale V4 Speciale Superbike Worth Rs 51.81 Lakh Arrives in India
- Facebook Suggests The Switch to Android From iPhones Was Purely on Merit, Not a Tiff With Tim Cook
- On National Press Day, Here's a Reminder: India isn't Quite 'Free' for Journalists