Facebook Buys Israeli Messaging Company Redkix
Redkix and Facebook did not disclose financial details. A source close to the transaction told Reuters the value of the deal was less than $100 million.
Facebook is Limiting Fake News in India Ahead of Lok Sabha Elections 2019: Here Are The Details
Israel's Redkix, whose product combines email and team messaging, said on Thursday it has agreed to be acquired by Facebook, where it will join the Workplace team to help companies collaborate.
Facebook launched Workplace, its subscription-based social platform for businesses, in 2016. Redkix and Facebook did not disclose financial details. A source close to the transaction told Reuters the value of the deal was less than $100 million. More than 30,000 companies use Workplace by Facebook to collaborate with their colleagues and "get more work done", a Facebook spokesperson said.
"Bringing people closer together is at the core of Facebook," Redkix co-founders Oudi and Roy Antebi said in a blog on the company's website. "Workplace brings this mission to enterprises to make them more connected and productive." Redkix, which has raised $20 million from investors including Salesforce Ventures, has offices in California and Tel Aviv.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- A Twitter User is Offering to Comment 'Yikes' On Your Ex's Selfie for Just Rs 350
- Lady Gaga Falls Off Stage With Fan During Concert in Las Vegas, See Video
- Milind Soman and Ankita Konwar Share Vacation Pictures from Iceland
- Kajol Recreates Iconic Simran Pose as 'Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge' Completes 24 Years
- Akshay Kumar Trolled for Seven-year-old Comments, Sonakshi Sinha Defends Him