Facebook Testing New 'Greetings' Features
According to a report in, the options are under trial in Britain, Thailand, Australia, Canada, Columbia and France, and the feature has been released in line with the tenth anniversary of the poke.
(Image for representation: Reuters)
Facebook users will soon be able to send a variety of ‘greetings to interact with their friends in a unique way. Apart from 'Poke', now you can send a wink, a high-five, a hug and a wave. According to a report in The Nation, the options are under trial in Britain, Thailand, Australia, Canada, Columbia and France, and the feature has been released in line with the tenth anniversary of the poke.
Under the ‘Hello' button on your friend's profile, the new options can be seen by just holding the button. On a desktop, a simple hover over the 'Hello' button will show the alternatives. These work in a similar way the 'Reactions' on a photo or status work. Facebook introduced the ‘Hello' button in June and placed it at the top of people's profiles.
The new greetings also have an undo button for an accidental send.
Watch: Tech and Auto Show Awards 2017
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- PUBG Mobile: Payload Mode Lands Today, Here’s Everything You Need to Know
- 'And the Oscar Goes to...': Lazy Horse Acts Dead Every Time Someone Tries to Ride it
- People are Copy-Pasting Nick Jonas' Karwa Chauth Tweet but With a Hilarious Twist
- Mozilla Firefox 70 Turns The Tables And Now You Can Track What is Tracking You
- BCCI President Has Not Spoken to Me on MS Dhoni: Virat Kohli