Facebook Testing New 'Greetings' Features
According to a report in, the options are under trial in Britain, Thailand, Australia, Canada, Columbia and France, and the feature has been released in line with the tenth anniversary of the poke.
(Image for representation: Reuters)
Facebook users will soon be able to send a variety of ‘greetings to interact with their friends in a unique way. Apart from 'Poke', now you can send a wink, a high-five, a hug and a wave. According to a report in The Nation, the options are under trial in Britain, Thailand, Australia, Canada, Columbia and France, and the feature has been released in line with the tenth anniversary of the poke.
Under the ‘Hello' button on your friend's profile, the new options can be seen by just holding the button. On a desktop, a simple hover over the 'Hello' button will show the alternatives. These work in a similar way the 'Reactions' on a photo or status work. Facebook introduced the ‘Hello' button in June and placed it at the top of people's profiles.
The new greetings also have an undo button for an accidental send.
Watch: Tech and Auto Show Awards 2017
Recommended For You
- ICC World Cup 2019 | 'Game of the Tournament!' - Twitter Lauds Another New Zealand-South Africa Thriller
- Renault Triber Unveiled in India, Gets 7 Seats and a Modular Cabin
- Xiaomi Sells More Than 100,000 Mi TVs in Just 9 Minutes During 618 Sales in China
- This DC Modified Mahindra Marazzo Can Make a Luxury Private Jet Shy
- Apple Rolls Out The iOS 13 Beta 2 For Developers: Here is Everything That it Brings to Your iPhone
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s