Facebook's 'Hello' Button Stirs Trouble For Some Users
The "Hello" button allows users to get people's attention by sending them a virtual "Wave", similar to the infamous Facebook "Poke".
Facebook's 'Hello' button stirs trouble for some users (photo for representation, image: News18)
The "Hello" button, rolled out silently by Facebook for some users as part of testing last month, has created trouble for some users as they are complaining about using it accidentally. The "Hello" button allows users to get people's attention by sending them a virtual "Wave", similar to the infamous Facebook "Poke". Since "Hello" is placed right next to the "Add Friend" button, some users clicked on the wrong choice unintentionally, finding themselves in an awkward confrontation, Mirror.co.uk reported on Wednesday.
"This could be particularly awkward if you were checking out the profile of someone you don't know or -- even worse -- stalking an ex-partner," the report said. However, the users can undo their mistake by tapping the button again and hitting the "OK" option that pops up. "The feature is still in a testing phase and not all users have it on their profiles yet," the report added.
Watch Video: The Tech And Auto Show - Episode 2
Recommended For You
- 'Tum Se Achcha Kaun Hai' Actress Aarti Chabria Ties the Knot With Boyfriend Visharad Beedassy
- Dyson Lightcycle Review: Your Table Probably Doesn’t Deserve This Sophisticated Piece of Lighting
- Kabir Singh Box Office Collection Day 4: Shahid Kapoor-Kiara Advani Starrer Earns Rs 88 Crore
- Google Play Store Quality Problems: Over 2,000 Malware-Laden Counterfeit Apps Served to Android Users
- One Pilot Dead, Other Ejected Safely After 2 Eurofighter Jets Crashed in Germany
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s