Facebook Unveils Oculus Quest, Its New Virtual-Reality Headset
Oculus Quest, which comes with touch controllers and does not need a PC to operate, will be priced at $399, according to the company.
Facebook unveils Quest, its new virtual-reality headset
Facebook Inc unveiled its new wireless virtual reality headset at a conference on Wednesday and said it plans to start shipping it in spring next year. Oculus Quest, which comes with touch controllers and does not need a PC to operate, will be priced at $399, according to the company. The company also plans to launch more than 50 games for the new headset.
Facebook has invested heavily in VR hardware in hopes the technology, which offers a 360-degree panoramic view of faraway or imaginary spaces, will move from a niche interest to a widely used platform for gaming, communication and business applications.
The social media giant, which bought Oculus in 2014 for $3 billion, had released the Oculus Go VR headset earlier in May, and had priced it at $199.
Recommended For You
- PUBG Lite Servers Out For Maintenance, Beta Version Arriving Soon in India
- Riviera Beach City in USA Pays Over Rs 4 Crore to Rid Ransomware Attack by Hackers
- Feel For You Shikhar, Says Tendulkar: Backs Replacement Pant to Shine
- Jeff Bezos Sees Lunar Ice Reservoir as Potential Rocket Fuel Source
- Dogs Trained by Researchers Detect Lung Cancer with Almost 100 Percent Accuracy
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s