Flipkart in Talks to Buy Stake in BookMyShow- Report
The talks are at a preliminary stage and may see Flipkart picking up a significant minority stake in BookMyShow.
Flipkart. (Image: Reuters)
E-commerce firm Flipkart is in talks for a partnership with online ticketing platform BookMyShow in a bid to build out its services and transaction offering, the Economic Times newspaper reported. The talks are at a preliminary stage and may see Flipkart picking up a significant minority stake in BookMyShow, two people familiar with the discussions told the paper Flipkart, which secured nearly $2.5 billion in funding from Japan's SoftBank Group in August, did not respond to a request for comment. BookMyShow, owned by Mumbai-based Bigtree Entertainment Pvt Ltd, was not immediately available for comment.
3 Reasons To Buy Apple iPhone 8 Plus and 2 Reasons To Skip It | Feat The Unbiased Blog
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Labuschagne Replaces Smith to Become First Like-for-like Substitution in Cricket
- Ashes 2019: Steve Smith Returns to Bat After Nasty Blow to the Neck
- Instead of Putting Unsold Stuff in a Garbage Dump, Amazon Will Donate it Instead
- Instagram Users Can Report False Content And Expect Fact Checkers to Verify it
- Airtel Forgot About The Home Bundle And Reliance Jio Fiber Has Stolen The March