Google Assistant Update Brings a More In-depth Experience to Google News
Google Assistant will now deliver a more in-depth experience to Google News users.
Google Assistant Now Helps You Make Charity Donations
Google has introduced new capabilities to its Google Assistant app in the United States in a recent update. The update encompasses advanced features pertaining to Google News and the integration of the Google Assistant with Smart Displays as well as Google Home speakers.
Previously, the Google Assistant allowed Google Home users to listen to the News on their Home speakers using the command "What's the news?". Following the rollout of Smart Displays, the app also allowed the users to watch the News in a video format on the displays. With the recent update, Google Assistant will enable the users to know more about their topic of interest with questions like “What’s the news on the women’s national soccer team?” or “What’s the latest on NASA?”
The new and advanced commands are not just limited to Google's Home devices and instead, pan out across all the Android smartphones, Android Auto and even Assistant-enabled headphones.
The updates, however, are limited to the US at this point while Google has promised an eventual rollout of the update globally.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Salman Khan Turns Chef, Makes 'Khichdi' and 'Raita' in New Bigg Boss 13 Promo
- Internet Sensation Ranu Mondal Speaks Out on Lata Mangeshkar's 'Imitation' Comment
- This is My Father's Money, Says KBC 11 Crorepati Sanoj Raj
- Your Data, Location Might be Tracked with This SIM Card Flaw, Without Your Knowledge
- Apple TV Plus Shows, Prices Compared with Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Hotstar, Zee5