James Wong Howe's 118th Birthday Marked by Google Doodle
Google Doodle is celebrating the 118th birthday of cinematography legend James Wong Howe. Read to find about the accomplishments of the world renowned cinematographer.
Google Doodle is celebrating the 118th birthday of cinematography legend James Wong Howe. (Image: Google)
Google Doodle is celebrating the 118th birthday of James Wong Howe, a world renowned Chinese-American cinematographer. Well known in the cinema industry for his innovative camera work, Google has put up an oil painting canvas of the cinematographer to mark the occasion. James Wong Howe gained fame for his filming technique, even at the time when racial adversity was prevalent in the United States. He is also well known for pioneering the use of wide-angle lenses and colour nuances in cinematography.
James Wong Howe was nominated for 10 Academy Awards for cinematography, winning it twice for The Rose Tattoo (1955) and Hud (1963). He was also listed as one of the 10-most influential cinematographers in an International Cinematographers Guild survey. Wong Howe was famed for the use of shadow and deep-focus cinematography which focusses on both the foreground and distant planes around the subject.
Watch Video: Tech And Auto Show - Episode 10
Recommended For You
- WATCH | Kapil Dev Recollects His Knock of 175 Against Zimbabwe
- Angelina Jolie And Keanu Reeves Dating, Claim Reports
- Support Pours in From Music Industry After Megadeth Frontman Dave Mustaine Diagnosed With Throat Cancer
- Xiaomi is Making Fun of Other Android Smartphones With Notches, as it Promotes The Mi 9T
- The Apple iPhone 2020 Lineup Expected to Have OLED Displays With 5G Support, Says Ming-Chi Kuo
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s