Google Now Shows You Around Italy in a VR Tour
Art lovers and Italophiles can explore Italy without leaving home using Google's VR Cardboard.
Google is now offering a tour around Italy on its Google Cardboard VR platform. (Image: AFP Relaxnews)
Google has recreated a mythical journey from 300 years ago, that takes armchair travellers through the jewels of Italia in a virtual reality version of 'The Grand Tour of Italy.'
Art lovers and Italophiles can explore Italy without leaving home using Google's VR Cardboard, a platform that creates immersive experiences through a simple, foldable and affordable, cardboard viewer.
The Grand Tour of Italy was a voyage undertaken by wealthy young, adventure-seeking men and women who were dispatched by their upper-class families to explore the country's art and culture and become sophisticated and learned citizens of the world.
Three hundred years later, the voyage is being democratised for the less affluent, through a VR experience that explores four cities -- Venice, Palermo, Siena and Rome -- in 25 videos, 21 Street View tours, 38 digital exhibitions and 1,300 ultra-high resolution images.
Partners include museums, art galleries, and theatres across the country.
Highlights include a street art tour in Rome, and the Redentore fireworks display in Venice.
Parts of the tour are also available on Google Arts and Culture.
Get a preview of the tour on https://youtu.be/y9RARfrHf2U.
Recommended For You
- Avengers Endgame: Spider-Man Star Tom Holland Almost Confirmed Quantum Realm Theory with This Major Spoiler
- Pakistani Artistes Banned From Bollywood, SRK's Daughter Wants to Date a South Korean Singer
- Defeating Batman and Spiderman, God of War Video Game Wins Writers Guild Award
- IAF Jets Collide Mid-air During Rehearsals in Bengaluru
- OnePlus 7 First Image Leaked Online With Notch-Less Display: Watch Video
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s