Google Pays Women More Than Men in One Job Category, Can You Guess Which One?
Google has faced accusations of gender bias against women at workplace in the past.
In case you experienced issues to access some of Google’s popular services like Gmail, Google Drive, and YouTube; you are not alone.
Google is paying more to women employees than men in the "Level 4 Software Engineer" category, according to an internal study. According to a report in Forbes on Monday, men in this category were paid extra compensation to make reparations for the gender bias against them.
Google has faced accusations of gender bias against women at workplace in the past. "To correct for what Google deemed gender bias, it provided $9.7 million in adjustments to 10,677 Googlers (an average of $908 per person)," the report mentioned.
This is a big jump from 2017 when Google paid $270,000 to 228 employees. The search giant's annual pay audit analyses employees' compensation equity based on market rate for their job, location, level, performance rating, as well as factors like race and gender.
The study included nearly 91 percent of Google employees.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- How PM Modi Overtook Donald Trump and Became the Second-Most Followed Leader on Social Media
- This Rescued Deer Keeps Coming Back to the Family Who Saved Him
- 'They Play With Your Dignity': Cristiano Ronaldo Says he Was Embarrassed by Rape Allegations
- 'Caught in the Moment': Virat Kohli Credits Contemplative Pic to Wife Anushka Sharma
- 22 Years and Countless Battles Later, Ash Ketchum Has Finally Become a Pokémon Master