Google Phone App Will Now Filter Spam Calls
To use "caller ID and spam protection", the user's phone may need to send information about their calls to Google.
Google has rolled out "caller ID and spam protection" on its Phone app with which the app itself would be able to filter out calls that it detects to be spam, eliminating all notifications and alerts for those calls as well. "You'll still see filtered calls in your call history and be able to check any voicemail you receive," the search engine giant wrote in a post on Friday.
To use "caller ID and spam protection", the user's phone may need to send information about their calls to Google. Caller ID and spam protection is on by default, but users can choose to turn it off. The new features would work on Android version 6 and above.
The option to turn it off is available in the settings area of the Phone app.
Watch: Samsung Galaxy J6 Review: Competent Performer at a Price of Rs 13,990
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- OnePlus 7T With Round Triple-Camera Module Revealed in Official Press Image
- Images of Mars' Icy Dunes Might Make You Crave for Some Ice-Cream
- Cristiano Ronaldo Says He Deserves to Win More Ballon d’Or Awards Than Messi
- Champions League: Unlucky Borussia Dortmund Draw 0-0 With Barcelona on Messi Return
- Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max Review: More Than Anything Else, The Camera is Truly Pro